AL Rifai is a pioneer in the field of Roasting Nuts and Kernels, as well as in the retail throughout Lebanon and the Middle East. Founded In 1948 by Hajj Moussa, Al Rifai opened its first outlet on Mazraa Street in Beirut, at a time when Lebanon’s trade activities were concentrated in Al-Bourj area.
AL Rifai passion for Roasting Nuts and kernels is shown in its commitment to best products, best value, best experience, and best service. The company takes great pride in being the name behind a range of innovative products and providing a full line of premium nuts. Al Rifai has also broadened its scope to include an enticing variety of fine delicacies including coffee, sweets, and confectionery.
Food Safety and Traceability Policy
Al Rifai Roastery produces a wide range of roasted, fried and coated nut & kernels. The raw materials are bought locally or imported from various suppliers, farmers and brokers. The processing occurs in Al Rifai’s premises using highest technologies with extra care in applying the implemented food safety and traceability standards and procedures.
The end products are distributed locally and exported; In the local market, Al Rifai’s products are distributed to all Al Rifai branches and to different distributors. As for the export markets, Alrifai has various clients all over the world: Europe, Australia, America and the Arab countries always in compliance with the international regulations and standards.
Al Rifai represented by its top management is fully committed to provide products that are safe and of excellent quality. We devote ourselves to applying safety and quality control standards in line with Food Safety & Traceability Management Systems in order to satisfy our customers, our society, and our environment.
In order to achieve the above, the company endeavors to:
- Understand and apply all guidelines, rules, and regulations that are relevant to product’s quality and safety of the work environment;
- Establish quality objectives and review them periodically for continuous improvement;
- Apply and optimize a traceability system in order to improve appropriate use and reliability of information, effectiveness and productivity;
- Work at reducing the relevant non-conformities and applying a firm traceability system to avoid their potential risks in withdrawing or recalling the products if needed;
- Emphasize the importance of maintaining a hygienic environment inside the production facility and Point of Sales;
- Ensure safe food from production to consumption through risk assessment, management and communications ;
- Identify Principles of GHP Applicable through the food chain
- Build on and exceed the hygiene requirements of ISO 22000;
- Provide a Quality product to its clients and customers;
- Research and develop products in line with customers’ trends, lifestyles, and needs